Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Baby, oh!

Baby Arianni Cookies

These cookies were created for a repeat customer who called a bit last minute. I usually think on my cookie designs for several days, if not weeks... I think cookies while I am driving, eating, walking, working out, and falling asleep. I also have a mild fear of doing baby cookies... I've done a few in the past and I just didn't think they stacked up to the gorgeous designs I see my cookie comrades create. The customer asked for brown with pink polka dots so add to that my fear of doing wet on wet icing- it just doesn't work for me!

I was pretty nervous about these cookies but up to the challenge. I tried to choose something different than the standard baby shapes that I hadn't had much success designing in the past. The plaque cookie is a new cutter from ecrandal that I was dying to try out. The baby flower cookie is based on a design originally created by my cookie BFF SweetSugarBelle.

The cookies are Pipeline Classic Sugar Cookies with real cocoa royal icing and cherry & vanilla details.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These cookies are absolutely fantastic! Your piping is perfect and the lettering is unbelievable!! I hope you are more than satisfied with how these turned out.

    ReplyDelete